Investing your time in creating a blog about a topic you enjoy, such as fishing, can reward you with a passive income in the future. There is a low upfront investment for a domain name and hosting; building a website is easier than most people imagine. Website hosts usually offer WordPress, so you can start designing your website immediately.
Expect to spend several months creating content for your blog and polishing the design before generating a penny in income. The two most rewarding ways to earn a passive income, Google AdSense and most affiliate marketing networks, will want to review your website before allowing you to join their programs.
What is Passive Income?
A passive income is an income that keeps coming in after you have done the majority of the work. You may make money while you sleep, but you’ll work when you are awake. You cannot start a blog and never touch it again, as several online commercials imply.
How Much Can I Earn?
About half the bloggers who are blogging for money earn less than $1,000 a year. Don’t get discouraged, many of these people have given up, found a better job or just got bored. About 17 percent of bloggers make more than $1,000 a month, many earn significantly more. You’ll earn more if you work more, just like any other occupation where you work for yourself.
Earn a Passive Income with Google AdSense
With Google AdSense, you place ads on your blog and each time someone clicks on the ad, you earn money, which can vary significantly. You cannot click on your own ads, nor can you encourage your visitors to click on them. Google will select relevant ads based on your blog’s content. You do nothing but maintain your blog and follow the AdSense guidelines, such as no hate speech on your website.
To earn a passive income with Google AdSense, you need website traffic. The more people that visit your site, there is a greater the chance that someone will click on an ad. Learn search engine optimization techniques, which will help you earn a higher position in the search results. Promote your blog on social media as well.
Become an Affiliate Marketer
When you become an affiliate marketer, you earn a commission by promoting a company’s products or services. A special link with your affiliate code signals the company that you sent a lead to them. If the person makes a purchase, you receive your commission. There are affiliate networks that have affiliate offers from various companies.
Affiliate networks combine your earnings from each company once you reach the threshold for payment, you will receive a check. Some individuals find that becoming an Amazon affiliate is better that joining an affiliate network since Amazon sells just about everything.
To become a successful affiliate marketer, you have to pre-sell a product. If people land on your website, they are looking for more information. A person who wants a specific book will head straight to Amazon, however, a person that wants more information than Amazon provides, will do their research online. If you can convince a person and they are ready to buy, they will click on your affiliate link, since it is so easy.
While website traffic is important, the most successful affiliates establish themselves as experts. If you created a fishing blog, and your readers value your opinion, they will buy the fishing rod you prefer.
Become a White Label Reseller
Would you like to sell SEO services or social media management services without performing any of the work yourself? You start a blog around SEO or social media management and find an agency offering white label services. You sell their services at a higher price than you are quoted once you sign up.
The customer does not know that you are not doing the work yourself. Your job is to pass the order along, keeping your profit. While technically not passive income since you have to place your customer’s order and occasionally answer questions, you are not doing much work at all for your money.
Search white label reseller and you are sure to find a service that you can sell. Make sure that your spouse; significant other or a friend understands what you are doing and how to pass on the orders. If you are ever ill, in the hospital or otherwise out of service, the money will keep flowing.
Although if you want to put slightly more effort at the beginning you can customize your reseller hosting plan. This way you will be more likely to succeed in the hosting industry. Once you find your niche and you cater to that audience, the income will come naturally. However, you need to figure out which is your target audience and what they are looking for in a hosting plan.
Dropshipping is similar to being a white label reseller except you sell physical products from a company that offers a dropshipping program. You list the products for sale on your blog at a higher price than the company charges you, pass the order along, and then you keep the difference. The company ships the products to your customer; however, they don’t reveal their company name on the packaging.
The key to becoming a successful dropshipper is to choose a company to work with that does not sell their products online. It will be almost impossible to compete with them. Additionally, you should order a product from the company first, to ensure that they sell good quality merchandise. Otherwise, you will have to deal with numerous returns.
Maintaining a blog that people will want to revisit is hard work. You have to constantly come up with new content ideas. Still, it is possible to earn a passive income while working from home and spending more time with your family. All of your hard work is for you and your family, not for someone else. This is very motivating.
Once you work for yourself, it is hard to go back to work for someone else, especially when you get used to working the hours that you prefer. Operating multiple websites and blogs with different subjects and income sources, may help you earn enough to replace your full-time income. You shouldn’t place all your eggs in one basket; having multiples types of passive income is safer, and typically more lucrative, than having just one type.
There are a few ways to earn passive income from a blog or website. One way is to sell advertising space on your site. Another way is to sell products or services through your site. Finally, you can also earn passive income by becoming an affiliate for other companies and products.
1. Choose a focus or niche for your blog or website. This will help you attract a loyal following of readers or visitors.
2. Post regularly. Consistency is key when it comes to blogging or website success. Try to post new content at least once a week, if not more often.
3. Promote your blog or website. Make sure to share your content on social media and with your friends and family.
4. Engage with your audience. Respond to comments and questions, and make an effort to get to know the people who visit your site.
5. Be patient. It takes time to build a successful blog or website. Don’t get discouraged if you don’t see results immediately.
As the amount of passive income that a blog or website can generate will depend on a number of factors, including the niche, the quality of the content, and the level of traffic. However, there are a few general tips that can help to increase the amount of passive income that a blog or website generates:
1. Choose a profitable niche: When it comes to generating passive income, choosing a niche that is in demand and that has a high potential for profits is key. For example, a blog or website about personal finance, investing, or entrepreneurship is more likely to generate passive income than one about knitting or gardening.
2. Create high-quality content: In order for a blog or website to generate passive income, it is important to create content that is high-quality and that will appeal to readers. This means that the content should be well-written, informative, and engaging.
3. Drive traffic to the site: In order for a blog or website to generate passive income, it is necessary to drive traffic to the site. This can be done through a variety of methods, such as search engine optimization, social media marketing, and content marketing.
1. Avoid content that is not relevant to your niche or target audience. This will not only bore your readers, but it will also turn them off from your site.
2. Avoid using too many affiliate links. While affiliate links can be a great way to earn passive income, using too many of them will make your site look like a spammy advertisement.
3. Avoid using intrusive advertising. Pop-ups, flashing ads, and autoplay videos are just a few examples of intrusive advertising that can drive away readers.
4. Avoid using duplicate content. Not only is this a violation of copyright law, but it will also hurt your search engine optimization (SEO) and make it harder for readers to find your site.
5. Avoid using low-quality content. If your content is full of spelling and grammatical errors, readers will likely click away from your site in search of better information.
To earn passive income from your blog or website, you will need to promote it through SEO (search engine optimization), social media, and email marketing. You can also consider creating products, such as e-books, courses, or webinars, to sell on your site.
You should try to update your blog or website at least once a day to maximize earnings.
Some other sources of passive income include real estate investing, dividend stocks, and peer-to-peer lending.
Some other resources you can use to learn more about earning passive income from your blog or website include:
-Income School’s Project 24 course
-Pat Flynn’s Smart Passive Income blog
-Jim Harmer’s Authority Hacker blog