The world has seen a rise in digital world that has become quite transparent. With the rising world we have all seen challenges that always pushes us to adopt something new which we have never ever tried before. Today, the world wants to be more secure and thus it pushes up ideas that want to watch each and every one of us of what we do. To tackle issues related to crime, murder and theft, the world has adopted a new technology known as the Close Circuit TV or the CCTV. These CCTV cameras are also known as security cameras that do the work of surveillance on people were it is installed.
The major reason why CCTV camera has become a new norm is that it helps people to know about what exactly happened at a particular place at a particular time of incident. It also deters criminals to do nasty things like murder or theft. Apart from that, CCTV cameras also work as surveillance for security agencies and police to curb crime and maintain law and order.
So if you are planning to start your own security camera installation business then here is a brief business plan for you.
CCTV or Security Camera Installation Business Plan
Nearly every shop, business, home and office is installing video surveillance cameras in their premises for security reasons. Earlier what was limited to big shopping malls, government offices and corporate offices has now been expanded to normal households, small shops and offices. That clearly means that we have a very large market involving several million dollars. If you are interested to own up your own security camera installation business then you need to draw up a plan of how you can make your business successful.
Do a Feasibility Analysis Test
Before investing in any business it would be wise to do a feasibility test. Feasibility test involves proper research regarding the subject of business, its pros and cons, setup cost, investment, time period, and return on investment. The test will also help you in understanding the market of CCTV cameras in your region. The advantage of this feasibility test will help you in knowing:
- Your market size where you will able to know how much selling in average you can have
- The quality of product people want to have and their types
- The average budget every person wants to keep for installing cameras
- The market for which you need to aim for
- Your return on investment
After you get to know about the above things time to go for setting up your business.
Choosing Your Preferable Market
If you are setting up a business regarding CCTV cameras then it would be wise that you target a big market that can give you decent returns. Some of such markets include official places like corporate office, government office, hospitals, police station, government residence, Airports, Bus stations, Railway stations, etc. The other places where security cameras are widely used are shopping malls, private offices, shops that are situated in market places, traffic areas and roads, factories, residential places, etc. Based on the market you need to install security cameras.
Start Your Business:
Start your business by investing some good amount in setting up your shop or office from where you will deal with your customers. For setting up your business you need to register yourself as business dealing with particular products and services. After that you need to fix meeting with people who are already in this business by networking with them. Team up with security camera manufacturers, dealers and distributors that offer quality and brand based products. After that you need to also have a team that provides service.
Get The Supply:
You need to network with manufacturing companies and distributors who deal with security cameras and their accessories for supply. In your feasibility report you would be already aware of some top security camera brands, software for the same and service providers along with accessories and repair. Do contact them arrange a meeting with them and present your business plan with them. If they get satisfied with your business and its market then it is likely that you will be able to deal with them directly. This will help you in providing better service and getting good returns.
Setup Your CCTV Installation Team
Security camera installation requires a team of technicians that are well versed with all the issues related with installation, setup, software and repairing. Choose your team wisely as providing great service to your customer is something very important. Security camera business relies lot on service providence and thus your team must be well equipped with knowledge and skills to impress your customers.
You can also take help from camera manufacturing companies as they either send their own technician or they will train your men for this.
Components of CCTV Camera That You Require
For selling and installing CCTV cameras there are many components that are required. It is not only the camera but many other accessories that are linked with it. Here are all the important components that are required while installing a security camera.
- Camera: It is obvious that you will need a security camera for viewing that exact place. The camera is of different types. Some are only for small space while some are for distant space. You need to have different types of cameras in your shop to fulfill client’s requirement.
- Digital Video Recorder: A DVR records whatever is captured in the CCTV camera. It stores the recorded video in a memory setup which can viewed whenever required.
- CCTV Cable: A CCTV cable is a wire that connects the camera with the DVR.
- BNC Connector: It is a connector that connects different cameras together to a DVR.
- CCTV Power Supply: CCTV power supply is a must to provide constant power supply to the whole security system. The power supply comes in 24VAC and 12VDC. It also can be configured based on number of cameras connected with the whole system.
- Other Necessary Tools: You need different kinds of tool for fastening up your CCTV system that can include various electrical tools. Your feasibility analysis report will be helpful for you plus you can also take some advice from distributors.
- Software Requirements: You would also need software that will run your CCTV cameras. Based on the type of camera and the number of camera you are using, software can be selected. This is basically the job of the technician as he will be the master of such technical issues though you need to have basic knowledge about it.
Providing Something New And Innovative:
In the present scenario, the market of CCTV is already booming and there are many other suppliers and businesses that are dealing with it. Then what will be the reason for your success? The answer lies in constant introduction of something new for your customer who may not have been aware of the latest technology.
Some latest technology like:-
- Viewing what is happening at a particular location from your mobile
- Controlling the movement of your camera
- Using drone cameras for monitoring
- Giving backup of many months for recording
- Providing voice recording features
Robust software control and excellent serving is something that will make you a distinct supplier in this business.
There are some very interesting features that have been introduced in surveillance that can attract your customer. Artificial Intelligence is one such feature that is making security cameras much smarter. You can also work on its introduction to your business which can attract markets. Alarm facility for security risk and emergency is also something which many customers require.
Capital Investment for Security Camera Business:
A feasibility study done by you earlier will help you in getting an idea about the whole expense for security camera installation business. It also depends at what scale you will open up your business. Is the business only for serving small market in a town or it is to serve big cities, corporates, government offices, sensitive locations, etc. Depending on the requirement your capital investment would vary.
You can take loans from banks but before you do you need to be assured about the investment and more importantly its return.
Return on Investment:
If you have limited capital and you are skeptic regarding your return then you need to start slowly by investment bit by bit and only after you get some return you need to expand. Return on investment will depend on:
- Capital you invested
- Time period of certain months
- Business strategy
- Marketing of your business
- Your networking and success of your business
Marketing Your Business:
Success of your business depends on your marketing skills. If you don’t sell much you can’t succeed in the business no matter how good your product and services are. So do focus on advertisement by making good networks. Big projects of installations are possible if you have good network with key distributors, companies that deal with surveillance and camera manufacturing.
Lastly, give some time to your business as a business with so much of technicalities, equipment, market and service requires time to prosper.